A headstand, or Sirsasana, is known as the king of all asanas for a reason. Each yoga pose comes with its own specific benefits. Adding a headstand pose to your practice comes with numerous. This pose can even be done using a chair for more challenge, as seen above with our yoga expert Nam. If you’d like to take Sirsasana to the next level and give chair headstand a try, be sure to share your photos with us!
The benefits of Sirsasana include:
- By reversing the flow of gravity, a headstand simulates a “face lift” by letting your skin hang in the opposite direction.
- Headstands increase nutrients and blood flow to the scalp, decreasing onset of grey hair.
- Headstands stimulate and provide refreshed blood to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands.
- When the adrenal glands are flushed and detoxified with headstands, we create more positive thought.
- It’s great to bust out a headstand at a party.
- Improved circulation occurs with a headstand practice.
- Any fluid that is retained in the feet is able to drain (edema), therefore reducing the onset and prevalence of varicose veins.
- Headstands increase digestive fire and increase body heat.
- Headstands strengthen deep core muscles.
- Eliminate your chances of having an ischemic stroke, as scientific evidence shows that this type of stroke rarely occurs in individuals that consistently do headstands!
Follow the link for the full list and more details on mindbodygreen.com.
Share this Post with a fellow Yogi