A long day at the office doesn’t do the body any favors. Try out these four easy chair yoga poses on your next lunch break to give your body a quick tune-up!
- Sit facing towards the left.
- Twist torso to the left. Reach over and hold onto the back of the chair for extra leverage.
- Emphasize the twist on each exhale, lengthening the spine on every inhale. Hold this position for around half a minute.
- Turn to the other side and repeat on the right.
- Sit up straight with feet planted on the floor.
- Bring the left ankle up to a rest on top of the right thigh. Make sure to keep the ankle in line with the knee.
- Slowly bend forward from the hip while keeping a straight back. Hold this position for around half a minute.
- Sit up straight with feet flat on the floor.
- Reach the right arm behind the back and grab the right wrist with the left hand. Gently pull the arm towards the left.
- Steadily rotate the neck to the left, back and up, forward and down. Repeat for around half a minute.
- Switch and do the same thing on the other side.
Seated Side Bend
- Sit up straight and place the left hand on the left edge of the seat with elbows slightly bent.
- Reach up with the right arm and lean towards the left. Hold this position for around a minute.
- Switch and repeat on the right side.
Share this Post with Fellow Yogi